- Home page
Ornate is a tool for building multi-page HTML sites from Markdown sources. The design goals are:
- Runs on the JVM; No installation required: Resolve the versioned dependencies in your build process for reproducible documentation builds with no external dependencies.
- Based on CommonMark, a standardized version of Markdown.
- Use well-established extensions: In particular, many developers are already familiar with Github-flavored Markdown.
- Graceful degradation: Some features require proprietary syntax extensions. They should degrade gracefully when processed with a pure CommonMark engine.
- Configuration based on Typesafe Config.
- Modular design: Themes, templates, highlighters, extensions - everything can be customized with Scala code.
- Clean, modern default theme using responsive design for a good user experience on all device from mobile phones to desktop PCs.
Documentation can be found at http://szeiger.github.io/ornate-doc/
Find more static site generators.