Nikola is a Static Site and Blog Generator
In goes content, out comes a website, ready to deploy.
What Can Nikola Do?
It has many features, but here are some of the nicer ones:
- Blogs, with tags, feeds, archives, comments, etc.
- Fast builds, thanks to doit
- Flexible, extensible via plugins
- Small codebase (programmers can understand all of Nikola core in a day)
- reStructuredText [Cheatsheet] or Markdown as input language (also Wiki, BBCode, Textile, AsciiDoc, Python Notebooks, Misaka, Pandoc, txt2tags, orgmode, and HTML)
- Easy image galleries (just drop files in a folder!)
- Syntax highlighting for almost any programming language or markup
- Multilingual sites, translated to 18 languages.
- Doesn't reinvent wheels, leverages existing tools.
- Python 2 and 3 compatible.